Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sofi- Thoughts to Bring Yourself Down // Response 3

Thoughts to Bring Yourself Down (If you were to die tomorrow)


“If you were to die tomorrow,
what would you change about today?”
I know that I’d change,
well, just about everything.
My regrets,
my mistakes,
but we all make a ton of those,
supposedly some rather not share.


You don’t get a say when you’re 6 feet
under everyone else's steps,
watching friends pulled by yellow balloons
as they learn how to grin.


Everyone has an expiration date,
inescapable fate.
I don’t know what I’d do if I were to die tomorrow,
I mean,
my thoughts bury me from day to day.


Shove me inside of a locket,
the ground’s new created pocket,
like I said,
6 feet underground,
and I can’t ever escape,
these thoughts in your creatively, exterminated mind.


Ghost don’t actually exist,
I just created them in my head.
Especially the ones that look familiar,
like someone else I met 6 feet below,
watching our same friends go,
and they float away,
but in my mind,
a different way.


In good ol' America, April is National Poetry Month! (Yayyy) And so for this month, we decided to post poems that we've written for our Response (to the) third!
I hope you enjoy our poems! (sorry I'm not a very great poet, and btw this was a poem I had written for an English project)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment